Skip to main content

News

• New version of Geooh Live published!

Topic: @install list disappeared (Read 180 times) previous topic - next topic

@install list disappeared
upgraded to v7.8.16

noticed immediately that the @Install list was missing. the @Live,@Search and a folder i added called Holding are still there.

when i click on a geocaching link from an email, the cache loads and it lists in the @Install folder but when i back out, the @Install list is no longer in the list of folders.

hope that was clear.

Re: @install list disappeared
Reply #1
update. after further experimentation, i decided once the details of a cache called up by clicking on an email notification link was displayed, i used the Add to List function...i chose the full download and was then presented with the choice of lists...the @install list was shown...i selected it...now the @install list shows with the @live and @search lists...so, i guess it's fixed for me

Reply #2
Thanks for reporting this. It's interesting, but the @Install list should have been visible if you were able to add to the list. So although it's working for you now, I'm concerned there is another problem somewhere. I didn't find anything suspicious looking at the code, but did notice that the count of geocaches in the list wasn't being updated properly with each addition... that's being corrected in the next release.

Please let me know if the issue surfaces again and any circumstances that may be triggering it. Thanks again.

Reply #3
ok...i have something which is repeatable...i'll try to be concise...first off this is version 7.8.17

i launch the app...the @install list is there...i click on it and there are 2 caches in it...one is unfound and one is found (don't think that it's a mix is relevant but i thought i'd be clear)...i delete the unfound one, then go back...the @install list is still there...i click on it and the unfound cache is there...i back out and the @install list is still there...now i leave the app using the home button and am at the launcher

i launch the app...the @install list is there...i leave the app again this time using the android back button.

i launch the app...the @install list is missing

i go to my email, find a cache notification and click on it...the cache comes up (initially i see the @install list is not there and then it pops up, moves to the next screen which shows the two caches, and then to the cache detail screen)...i back out and both caches are listed...back out once more and the @install list is there...back out using the android back...relaunch the app and the @install list is there and i can repeat the process from the start with the same results...

so, something about using the android back button out of the app when there is only 1 item in the @install list drops the @install list from view when relaunching the app.

hope that was clear.

Reply #4
Thanks for the very detailed feedback! Let me try to replicate it and see what I can find out.

Reply #5
Well, I could not replicate it no matter how many combinations I tried. Here are some suggestions:

1) When you see the @Install list do a delete on it to see if it removes some quirk with the stored database.

2) If you don't have many offline lists store, you could trying uninstalling Geooh  or use Android to delete all it's files. There could be a corrupted database (I've got crash reports related to some weird database issue). Reinstalling and/or deleting/clearing may correct an underlying problem.

3) The latest Geooh version lets you install caches to other files besides @Install. Try creating a new list and put the same caches in that file. Then do the same steps as before to see if the issue is replicated.

I just have a feeling the database of offline lists got corrupted and there are residual effects popping up, but I'm not confident of that. Could even be the caches themselves not storing correctly. Maybe the database on your phone has issues with the @Install name. What brand is your phone and what's the Android version?

Keep me posted.

ok...i have something which is repeatable...i'll try to be concise...first off this is version 7.8.17

i launch the app...the @install list is there...i click on it and there are 2 caches in it...one is unfound and one is found (don't think that it's a mix is relevant but i thought i'd be clear)...i delete the unfound one, then go back...the @install list is still there...i click on it and the unfound cache is there...i back out and the @install list is still there...now i leave the app using the home button and am at the launcher

i launch the app...the @install list is there...i leave the app again this time using the android back button.

i launch the app...the @install list is missing

i go to my email, find a cache notification and click on it...the cache comes up (initially i see the @install list is not there and then it pops up, moves to the next screen which shows the two caches, and then to the cache detail screen)...i back out and both caches are listed...back out once more and the @install list is there...back out using the android back...relaunch the app and the @install list is there and i can repeat the process from the start with the same results...

so, something about using the android back button out of the app when there is only 1 item in the @install list drops the @install list from view when relaunching the app.

hope that was clear.

Reply #6
Deleted the @install list...didn't know (or felt like) I could do that...put those caches back in by clicking on their notifications...deleted one and this time the install list stayed...I'll keep an eye on it

FYI my phone is a BLU studio C android 5.0

When you mention loading into a different list, is that in this version or the upcoming one?

Reply #7
It should be in release 7.8.18. During the install of a cache from an email, you now have the option of selecting a different list instead of the @Install one to put the cache into... or even create a new list for it.

Reply #8
Always wondered why they had an @ sign