Skip to main content

News

• New version of Geooh Live published!

Topic: seeing area caches (Read 169 times) previous topic - next topic

seeing area caches
i'm not sure the subject is clear but it's the best i could think of...here's the situation...i get a notification from GS about a few new caches...they are named similar so they are clearly a little grouping...i clicked on the first one and looked at that cache in geooh...i clicked on the coords part of the screen to bring up the map of where it is...only that cache shows up on the map AND THAT IS CORRECT AND HOW IT SHOULD BE so don't change that LOL...but because of the additional emails, i know there are 2 or 3 more caches right there somewhere...is there a way to press something or select something that flips to a live-type map centred around that cache's coords that shows other caches in the vicinity?...something that i'm not seeing that i can click that will show caches near a specific cache?

hope that was clear.

Re: seeing area caches
Reply #1
Yes, definitely!

One of Geooh's "features" is the ability to open the map just for that cache to minimize clutter. That's how you viewed the cache. Or you could have a file with only one in it or the caches in the list were far apart.

But while in the map you should see a button on the top bar left of the compass button that is a circle with two arrows. That's the refresh button which will refresh the map within the visible boundaries on the screen. That's how you can include the additional caches around the one you originally displayed on the map.

In addition, if you had performed a search with specific criteria, that same criteria would be used when refreshing the map. Hope this helps!

Reply #2

But while in the map you should see a button on the top bar left of the compass button that is a circle with two arrows. That's the refresh button which will refresh the map within the visible boundaries on the screen. That's how you can include the additional caches around the one you originally displayed on the map.

I might be daft but I don't see that button...if I've done this correctly a screenshot should be attached

Reply #3
No, you're not daft... I was. LOL

The refresh button had been set to show for cache lists created with the Live map or from searches. It wasn't available for the @Install list or lists created from pocket queries or bookmark lists. The next release will show the button for the @Install list... and let me think about enabling it for all lists... may be a good or bad thing.

Sorry for the confusion and misinformation. Geooh has the ability to do what you want, it just wasn't set for the lists you were working from.

Reply #4
gotcha!...something else i noticed while experimenting with this issue raises a question...in the screenshot above, there is an icon that looks like a refresh in line with the distance number on the right side of the screen...near as i can tell, pressing it switches you between where you are and where you want to be...that's cool!...but then the waypoint and crosshair icons which straddle the distance text do the same thing, right?...is this just a duplicate functionality or am i missing the meaning of one or the other?

Reply #5
You are correct about the two buttons next to the distance button... left for center on destination and right for center on your location.

The button on the far right is the auto-rotate button. Pressing it will continually rotate the in the direction of travel versus the standard fixed north up for maps. When on it should be rotating the screen as you change the phone orientation. Is that not happening for you?

Reply #6
ah, it does not...however, i'm fairly confident this phone does NOT have a compass in it so that would explain its apparent lack of additional functionality.

Reply #7
Understand... and Geooh's compass won't rotate either. Another user found out the hard way with a Moto G4 because it doesn't have one either. Why they do that I'll never know.

Reply #8
FYI, given the confusion with GPS and non-rotation the next release of Geooh will require a GPS and won't be installable without one. It seems the safest route to prevent complaints.

BTW, are you even able to install/use c:geo because I think that app requires a GPS.