Skip to main content

News

• New version of Geooh Live published!

Topic: TB- Scanner (Read 363 times) previous topic - next topic

TB- Scanner
Der TB-Scanner ist im Ansatz nicht schlecht. 8)  Aber er sollte unbedingt noch ausgebaut werden. Das wäre ein riesiger Marktvorteil für die Appentwickler. Gibt es doch bis jetzt keinen anderen für Android. Die Messlatte liegt dabei ganz klar bei OS. dort gibt es bereits einen brauchbaren TB-Scanner. Das kann so nicht weitergehen.
An alle App- Entwickler,  und im besonderen die von Geooh ,warum geht da nicht`s?

The TB scanner is not bad in its approach. 8) But it should still be expanded. This would be a huge market advantage for app developers. There is so far no other for Android. The benchmark is clear with OS. There is already a usable TB scanner. It can not go on like that.
To all app developers, and especially those of Geooh, why is not it?
  • Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 04:33:40 PM by TheSaxonyFive

Re: TB- Scanner
Reply #1
Thanks! What areas would you like to see expanded?

Reply #2
Since you asked...

My first attempt with TB Scanner capability is a little off the mainstream. I have a word document with 6 travel bug codes in typed characters. These are trackables that are with me always. Trying to scan the page it eventually pulls them all into the list, I select one, add it to the batch, go back and the others are gone.  It would be nice to have them stick around or batch check them on the website rather than one at a time.

Character recognition is good. One Q became an 0 or is it O.

Long term, I would like to be able to show such a list on a computer monitor behind the TB counter at an event to let people quick scan them in onsite.  It seems there are font and contrast issues I need to work on for that. Maybe 6 QR codes would be better.

Let me know if you want the image.  I really don't want to post it here and have folks snag the codes.

Thanks. This is a new tool in my geocaching arsenal.

Reply #3
I like the idea of letting you select multiple scans to load into the TB list! Let me work on that.

Not sure if the monitor will work. I've tried to scan from there but Google OCR recognition didn't seem to work. A paper copy may be best or using qrcodes.

Reply #4
I've scanned the printout  in both black on white and white on black.  Both had issues.

Reply #5
Send it to me if you can.

Reply #6
May I suggest a better solution?

Instead of carrying around a printed document, put the tracking codes in a text file stored on your device. Then use Geooh's import option on the Trackable Logger after pressing the Add Tracking Codes button. You would not need to scan any more.  ;D

Now for an event... the tracking codes file could be on a cloud drive for downloads... or you could press the Share Tracking Codes button while in the TB Logger to wirelessly share them without the need for a network. Of course this means your friends need to use Geooh too, but they should be anyway!  ;)

Show everyone how easy TB scanning/logging should be.

Reply #7
May I suggest a better solution?

Instead of carrying around a printed document, put the tracking codes in a text file stored on your device. Then use Geooh's import option on the Trackable Logger after pressing the Add Tracking Codes button. You would not need to scan any more.  ;D

Now for an event... the tracking codes file could be on a cloud drive for downloads... or you could press the Share Tracking Codes button while in the TB Logger to wirelessly share them without the need for a network. Of course this means your friends need to use Geooh too, but they should be anyway!  ;)

Show everyone how easy TB scanning/logging should be.
never under estimate the luddites.