Skip to main content

News

• New version of Geooh Live published!

Topic: can I upload a complete list back to geocaching from geooh? (Read 22 times) previous topic - next topic

can I upload a complete list back to geocaching from geooh?
I am planning a rather long road trip in September, and in preparation, I have requested and received a series of pocket queries.  I have now merged them all into one (as yet incomplete) list on Geooh Live, with 4,743 caches in the list.  I would like to send that list back to my geocaching.com account.  The only way I could see to do that was to created a bookmark list on the geocaching site and then "Add all to Bookmark".  But it seems only to add 1000 of the caches to that bookmark.

Is there any way I can send up the whole list?

I tried exporting GPX but consistently got error codes, and also tried to export CSV to GSAK but that would only upload any caches that I have made a new entry (found log) to.  Since I haven't made the trip yet.....

Thanks

Re: can I upload a complete list back to geocaching from geooh?
Reply #1
Hi. I suspect there is a limit on the number that can be added per request to Groundspeak. Their documentation doesn't indicate a limit, but if only 1000 is saved each time you try, it'd be safe to assume that.

I'll see about ways to add in batches of 1000... may be available before your trip.

Re: can I upload a complete list back to geocaching from geooh?
Reply #2
Many thanks.  I know that I probably don't have to have it, but I think it might make life a bit easier for me.

I really do appreciate this app, by the way.  So well rounded!  Thanks for all your work on it.