Skip to main content

News

• New version of Geooh Live published!

Topic: Not available in your country (Read 1449 times) previous topic - next topic

Not available in your country
Hi there, i have an Honor8 smartphone, and when i try to download your product, it says it s not available in my country (France) could you check and enable it for france please ? Thank you

Re: Not available in your country
Reply #1
Hi, thanks for the query.

Geooh was removed from searches for many European countries due to continual 1-star ratings from c:geo users in those countries complaining about the Premium membership requirement... and from several users complaining about the language translations (Geooh currently uses Google Translate for that). The bleeding had to stop so I could focus on more serious geocachers and not be impacting by the trolling.

You can still directly access the Geooh download by going to http://geooh.com and at the bottom of the web page click on the "Available on the Google Play Store" link. This will take you to Google Play for Geooh downloads.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but until I can find a way to pay for the translations and to keep Basic membership users happy (not sure that will ever happen), the app may need to be hidden from groups that tend to down-rate regardless of the features Geooh provides.

Reply #2
I do the method you have described, but i still got the error message from playstore, even from the button on the website.The app may have been blocked for frenchies :/ Im ok for Google translate or use it in english. I just need to find a way to download it.

Reply #3
Hmmm, others have indicated that worked going that route.

Regardless, I'll enable France again... I think there were only one or two complaints from there so it may be safe. Germany is where I get the bulk of negative comments.

I'll send a note when Google has reenabled France.

Reply #4
Okidoki, thank you

Reply #5
It should be available for France now. Let me know if you have problems.

Reply #6
Thank you, it works, i was able to download it :)

Reply #7
Hello! I would very much like to try your app, but sadly it says "Not available in your country" when I get to your Play Store page (even with the link from your site). I guess my problem is the same as the original poster in the thread, and disabling searches also disable the download. My country is Bulgaria. Can you, please, enable it? Many thanks!

Reply #8
Yes, the search for the app was disabled for most non-english speaking countries due to numerous 1-star ratings because they felt the Google language translations were not good enough and also for the Premium membership requirement from c-geo users. Your may still be able to download from the link at the bottom of the geooh.com website. Let me know if that doesn't work and I can reenable your country on Google Play so you can access it.

Sorry for the inconveniences, but it was about the only way to handle the issue until better translations can be obtained.

Reply #9
Hi again. I already tried, but it did not work. Obviously disabling a country prevents download.
As I am a SW/Android developer too, I can understand your pain with translations. I can help you with the Bulgarian translation, if you wish.

Reply #10
Ok, I've heard some say it was possible. Give me a day to open it back up for Bulgaria. And I may take you up on the translation offer. Thanks!

Reply #11
Try it now... updated Google Play for Bulgaria.

Reply #12
Hello,

Maybe it would be possible to enable it in Lithuania. Most of the people Geocaching here understand English, so app translation is not a problem.

Personally, I've switched from iPhone recently and been looking for a proper alternative to Cachly for a while. C:Geo, event if it has lots of features, it is ugly as hell.

Thanks

Reply #13
Try it now... enabled for Lithuania.

Reply #14
Try it now... enabled for Lithuania.

Yes, it works. Thanks!