Skip to main content

News

• New version of Geooh Live published!

Topic: Number corrections (Read 90 times) previous topic - next topic

Number corrections
So, after loading a GPx file on restart I get an incorrect number message.  Reloading the file doesn't seem to help. But the icons seem to change after each error message.

Images attached.

Re: Number corrections
Reply #1
Thanks. I got the GPX file and tested with it. Loading both the zip and extracted gpx worked on my device. I couldn't get it to replicate what you encountered. I'm working with an updated version of Geooh, but the updates shouldn't have affected loading or displaying GPX files. I'll test some more, but if I can't get it to fail, I suggest we wait until the new release is out (next week) to see if it corrects the issue on your phone.

Sorry I don't have better news.

Reply #2
New version installed the other day.  Same issue.

Reply #3
Ok, thanks for checking. I'll try to dig into again, but I couldn't replicate the issue before so not sure I will again. If you have any ideas of use cases that may be causing it, let me know.

Reply #4
Ok, thanks for checking. I'll try to dig into again, but I couldn't replicate the issue before so not sure I will again. If you have any ideas of use cases that may be causing it, let me know.

Is there a way for me to bundle my settings and databases to allow you to replicate the environment?

Reply #5
No, there is no export like that to share settings or database.

When downloading a GPX file it creates an individual offline list database and on app start Geooh always tries to confirm the number of records in case some gets corrupted. So when both of use the same GPX file it should create similar databases. I'm baffled why I can't replicate it, but will examine code to see if I can find a logical explanation.

Reply #6
Does deleting the database remove the file or merely remove it from the list? If the latter then if my file got corrupted it may be perpetuating.

Reply #7
It's actually a database table (if you understand database terminology) and when a list is deleted so is it's corresponding table in the database. So it's gone! There's a header record in the table keeping track of internal info such as cache counts... which is what is confirmed when opening the app which examines each table (list) to see if they match. The only thing I can think of is some cache is either not being counted or it's row in the table is not actually added. Again, the odd thing is if same GPX, same Geooh, it should happen with my test unless the Android version is messing something up. Let me look at that... what version of Android are you running? I'll try to run that version in an emulator.

Reply #8
There is another interesting aspect to this case.  I tried deleting this database using the trash can logo and the do not enter sign.  I cannot delete this table either.

My guess is the db got scrambled along the line. Sql injection perhaps?

Reply #9
Possibly the database was corrupted. Have you tried using Android settings to clear the data off the app?

Reply #10
That solved it. At the cost of losing my settings.