Skip to main content

News

• New version of Geooh Live published!

Topic: filter archived caches? (Read 122 times) previous topic - next topic

filter archived caches?
Howdy,

I have an old PQ loaded that has a bunch of  historic events in it.  (Refreshing the caches to show archived is discussed elsewhere so I won't belabor it here. Status check would be good too.) When I refresh one manually it shows as being archived. 

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to filter it out from the list. Or for that matter if it is disabled, how do I filter it so I don't see it? 

Thanks

Re: filter archived caches?
Reply #1
I'll work on a solution. Would grouping the archived together in a list work? From there you could delete them. I can set a filter also to show them, but don't have a way to negate it to not show them.

Reply #2
With a filter I can delete them already, can't I?

Reply #3
Yes, you can delete them.

Reply #4
Ok.  I just went through the exercise. It appears that deleting is one cache at a time.
My expectation (reasonable or not) was a bulk delete of everything in the filter.

Reply #5
Bulk delete of a filtered list is on a to-do list. For now, single deletes. Or you can display them on the map, open the left side map list, press Options, and delete visible.

Reply #6
Howdy

I saw the new option for is archived in the filter dialog.  When I click the hide option, everything in the list I loaded from GPx disappears.

Thanks for the progress. 

Reply #7
Can you attach the GPX file for me to test? Does the file have archived caches in it?

Reply #8
There should be no archived caches in it.  Screen shots are attached.

Reply #9
The filter checkbox wasn't checked in addition to the hide checkbox. The first screen should show a check before the hide indicating you are using the field as a filter... then choosing to hide the filtered.

Not really your fault as I can see how that is confusing. I'll update Geooh to make sure the filter checkmark is on before showing or allowing the hide checkbox to be checked.

Click on both checkboxes to see what I mean.

Reply #10
The filter checkbox wasn't checked in addition to the hide checkbox. The first screen should show a check before the hide indicating you are using the field as a filter... then choosing to hide the filtered.

Not really your fault as I can see how that is confusing. I'll update Geooh to make sure the filter checkmark is on before showing or allowing the hide checkbox to be checked.

Click on both checkboxes to see what I mean.

Checking both works as expected.  Thank you.

Would a disabled check be too much to ask?

Reply #11
Can you describe that in more detail?

Reply #12
Can you describe that in more detail?

Disabled or temporarily unavailable.  https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4BCYG is currently in that state.

Reply #13
Oh yes, actually I've already put that on the list for the next maintenance release... for later this week.

Reply #14
Thanks.  I get the impression that developing the software is an exercise in learning all the different ways other people cache.